Click on the photo or here to become a “fan” on Facebook.
Urban Health Watch (UrbanHealthWatch.net) is a project managed by the Urban League of Rhode Island and edited/run by Reza Corinne Clifton, an award-winning journalist and multimedia producer. It is funded by the Rhode Island Prevention Block Grant, a program of the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Urban Heath Watch is part of a strategy to address several objectives:
– To bring health education into the community and deliver culturally appropriate messages on how to prevent and manage chronic diseases.
– To analyze, package, and disseminate public health and medical information through collaborations with traditional centers of influence that are considered trusted environments and provide accessibility to target populations.
– To build the capacity of neighborhood organizations, churches and leaders to initiate health promotion and disease prevention activities.
– To translate medical research and findings about health promotion and disease prevention into actionable steps people can use everyday in life.
– To disseminate medical research findings and best practices through the media and other sources to raise the visibility and credibility of an expanded view of health.